Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Week 19-20

No pictures yet this week.

We were hoping to have a massive announcement last week- the gender of the Blueberry. Unfortunately, the child already has a mind of its own and decided that it would rather nap than give mom and dad the satisfaction of starting to "nest" in earnest.  A dear friend told me, that kid is already giving you a taste of what the rest of your life will be like, you no longer have control. This is true, I am trying to not freak out whenever it happens.

We went for our anatomy scan last Thursday. It wasn't the greatest experience- the tech was very focused and had a rough (at best) bedside manner. The picture that she printed out for us was... creepy. I actually made a joke that she was giving it to us as a halloween present. Maybe it's because the last ultrasound tech was so good and so efficient, and printed out four beautiful photos, or maybe it's because I am completely emotionally vulnerable right now, but the picture she gave us looked like a skeleton, not our precious child, and I can't look at it. It's buried in my bag.

And this is why we have no pictures this week.

Mike has been a hero through everything. He is going to be an amazing dad. Our child is so incredibly lucky.

I have gained 11 pounds so far- 10 in the first trimester and 1 since. I am working on it, and it's not for lack of eating, that's for sure.

I had to go to the cardiologist today because I have been continuing to have bouts of tachycardia, or elevated heart rate. My blood pressure this morning was 84/46. I generally have low blood pressure, but this is low, even for me. The cardiologist seemed more concerned about my current BP than about the elevated heart rate. He told me to drink more water, that I was probably getting dehydrated and that I could wear a 24 hour monitor if it's still bothering me in a couple of weeks. I have to get back to him to schedule the monitor pick up, so we'll see what happens.

We have our repeat anatomy scan on Friday morning. There were multiple pictures that they weren't able to get because the baby was so intent on sleeping. We did see the heart beat and the brain has 2 lobes, and I think everything else looked healthy. We just didn't see all four heart chambers and a few other key anatomical structures, beyond the gender.

As of tomorrow, we're halfway there. I absolutely can't believe it. I feel like we are still navigating realizing we're pregnant.

I am starting to have little cramps and pains here and there in my abdomen, and feel little flutters, which I can now identify as the baby moving. Pregnancy clothes are great, though given the option, I would prefer to be in my pj pants all day. I think they might frown on that at the hospital.

Hopefully we'll have some amazing pictures to share on Friday!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment