Sunday, March 31, 2013

Our First Week

We spent Monday and much of Tuesday in the hospital. Monday night, Chad and Jen came and visited us in the hospital. They took care of Opie while we were in the hospital, which was awesome.



We got home from the hospital on Tuesday afternoon. Our amazing neighbors made us delicious lasagna and salad and even got us a "Welcome Home Layla" cake. This coming home outfit was made by Mike's grandmother, Mary. His dad wore it home from the hospital, and so did Mike, and NOW so has Layla!


Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday nights Layla and I didn't sleep much, and therefore I don't really remember what happened on Wednesday or Thursday. :) Layla and Mike have been having daddy and daughter time in the mornings while I get some sleep.

My 3am buddy. I will party with this girl any time.

On the topic of Mike, I don't know what we would do without him. I can't say that enough. He has been taking great care of both Layla and I incredibly well. I think he's gone to the grocery store about a zillion times for various one-off things (oh, honey, I'm so sorry. can you go back to the store and get (insert mundane item here)). He has taken care of household chores, takes Opie to the park or walks him twice a day, he brings me coffee, he gets up when I am so tired. The most important and beautiful thing is that he is completely and wholly in love with Layla.

Sleepy, smitten Daddy.

Her first bath- it was a 2 person job. We will get better at this, I am sure.
On Friday, our friends Raj and Krista brought us dinner, and they got to meet Layla. Their little girl Maya is about 7 months old and it was wild to see how big she was compared to wee Layla!

Tummy Time!
Friday and Saturday we adjusted Layla's eating schedule slightly. We were doing on demand feeding, which we were supplementing with some formula because she dropped in weight pretty significantly (nothing dangerous, but about 10%) at her 48 hour check. She was cluster feeding in the middle of the night, and sleeping for 3-4 hours a pop during the day. For the last 2 days, we started waking her up about every 2.5-3 hours for her to eat during the day and then doing a mega feed plus formula supplement in the late evening. She slept for 4 hours with a quick feed at 3am and then another 2 hours on Friday night, and then last night, she slept for 2 hours, quick feed, and then slept for 5 HOURS (WHAT?!??). I feel like a new woman.

I am sure this will all change in the next few days... or next 30 minutes... and that's entirely ok. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment