Wednesday, January 30, 2013

32 weeks

Here we are at 32 weeks.





Mike and I are excelling at parenting already. We know this because:


  1. The baby isn't due for 8 weeks and we have ALREADY GOTTEN A CRIB!!! Granted, it's still sitting in a box in the front hall, BUT! We HAVE a CRIB! Dad and Jennifer were incredibly generous and bought a beautiful crib for us that converts into a toddler bed and then a single grown up bed. 
  2. This evening, Opie was being naughty. Mike said, "Opie..." in his most warning voice. Opie went upstairs and put himself in time out. 
  3. We are making lots of big decisions that have to be thought about over the course of a few days
  4. We are doing our taxes and it's January.
We decided to go with blue, yellow, green and pink for the color scheme overall in the room. So, I went to the fabric store and started getting things to recover the chair, which I think will be light green.  The dresser is already a french blue, and the other colors match the sheets we registered for. I think we have some beautiful ideas finally for the room. I am working on making a slipcover for the chair. Fingers crossed that I have the patience to make that happen.

 I decided to make a mobile for the baby, and here's the first/inner ring. I pasted yellow and blue fabric on either side of card stock and cut out butterflies. Then I attached them with clear thread. Then I tied the thread to an embroidery ring. I started with one small ring and then will do a larger one on the outside. We'll put this over her bed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment