Wednesday, February 27, 2013

35-36 weeks- Mom visits, One Month To Go!!!

Here we are at 36 weeks! Mike took the picture so I don't look completely goofy. We just got back from the doctor- got to do a quick ultrasound today to check positioning. The girl is continuing her trend of being completely normal and average. She is head down and progressing normally! The doctor is projecting a 7.5-8 lb baby. That was music to my ears.



Mike and I went to baby class this past weekend. It was... meh.... we got some good information, and a tour of the unit and delivery room etc, but otherwise I wasn't that impressed. Not that we already knew everything, that's not it, we certainly don't know everything. It was just not that helpful. We did get to practice diapering, bathing and swaddling a really frightening baby doll!


We got so much done this week... and by "we", I mean "mom". Mom arrived on Thursday of last week, and I got a nasty cold on Thursday which became worse on Friday. So, Mom took it upon herself to help us out tremendously. She FILLED our freezer top to bottom. We have lots of quick defrost meals that will feed us quickly and easily when the sweet girl arrives.

Then she worked on 2 major Blueberry room projects- the dust ruffle and the chair slip cover. They both look absolutely awesome. Mom did so much creative work while she was here- she really did a great job of caring for us.

The ruffle is pink, blue and green stripes. The green matches the chair and the blue matches her dresser. 

The color is actually a pastel green. This shot doesn't do it justice.

This is a picture of the clothes mom brought for the Blueberry. They fill the bed. There are things that she wore, I wore and new things... we went through them and culled it down to a reasonable amount. I haven't bought the little one any clothes yet... I am guessing I probably won't have to. 
This has been a time of tremendous gifts. My work colleagues threw me a surprise shower. It was absolutely lovely and they were so generous. They made it have a blueberry theme!!



Over the last few days, we have been getting a package a day with Blueberry gifts! We can't believe how kind everyone has been. Gifts have come from all over the world and from family and friends. Mike and I are so thankful. We both can't believe the outpouring- to say we are thankful doesn't seem to be enough. It's truly incredible. I can't wait for the sweet girl to meet everyone.

We officially have everything we need to bring the lovey home from the hospital. Now all we need is her!


No comments:

Post a Comment